Our 3 Clear Passage practitioners have been trained by the Clear Passage Team in Gainsville, Florida.
If you are interested in the therapy please refer to their website, as all enquiries and bookings are administrated by the American Head Office
Book a phone consultation to see if the treatment is applicable to you
Published Success Rates
|Pregnancy Rate for Blocked Fallopian Tubes||
|Prevented Surgery for Bowel Obstruction||
|Increased Quality of Life for Endometriosis||
|Reduced Chronic Pain||
Clear Passage are a network of physio/physical therapy clinics. Clear Passage use a unique manual therapy (the Wurn Technique®) and protocol (the Clear Passage Approach®) to treat chronic pain and dysfunction, including post-surgical pain, small bowel obstruction and female infertility. Clear Passage therapists receive exclusive training, certification and licensing to provide the Wurn Technique. None of our treatments involve drugs or surgery.
Patients come to Clear Passage locations from around the world and from all walks of life. Many have conditions that have not resolved after traditional therapy, medications or surgery; some want to avoid future surgery. A number of our patients are health care professionals. Clear Passage therapy has shown positive results in published studies and is completely natural.
The Clear Passage Approach
is a unique hands-on therapy, developed over 25+ years of study and clinical research by Belinda Wurn, PT and Larry Wurn, LMT. Our focus is to deform the bonds that attach collagenous cross-links, the building blocks of adhesions. The protocol includes over 200 individual techniques, including the Wurn Technique, designed to reduce and eliminate the adhesions that form wherever the body heals. As a manual therapy, it works without the risks or side effects of surgery or drugs. Studies on the effectiveness of this work, published in peer-reviewed medical journals, show success treating conditions previously treated only by surgery or drugs.
Adhesions form to help the body heal from surgery, infection or trauma. After healing, adhesions can create strong glue-like bonds that last a lifetime.
Every body heals differently after injury, surgery or trauma. Physical therapists certified in the Wurn Technique are trained to evaluate and treat the entire body. This holistic view, coupled with extensive patient history and feedback, helps us understand the physical forces preventing patients from leading the life they envision. Clear Passage’s focus is to decrease the powerful adhesive pulls that cause pain or dysfunction – no matter where they occur in the body.
Clear Passage therapy is different from other manual therapies for several reasons:
- Clear Passage have lived the experience. Clear Passage work was born in 1986 from the need to find a non-surgical answer to treat debilitating pain in our founder, Belinda Wurn, PT.
- The background is broad; the Clear Passage focus is logical and methodical. Clear Passage studied rigorously with top manual physicians and physical therapists in the U.S. and abroad. From that strong foundation, they worked hard to develop a therapy to effectively treat the adhesions causing Belinda’s pain and dysfunction. After Belinda was able to return to work, they continued to refine our work to treat others with pain and dysfunction.
- Clear Passage test our work and publish our results. Independent physicians and scientists measure the results of the therapy. Positive results of the Wurn Technique and Clear Passage Approach have been published in peer-reviewed medical journals and accepted into the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Citations about this work appear in WebMD’s Medscape General Medicine, Contemporary Ob-Gyn, Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, and the Journal of Endometriosis.
- Clear Passage rigorously test and train their therapists for knowledge and clinical skills. They base their certification on strong manual and palpatory skills, and on test results after several weeks of study and training. Each must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the material in our 600-page Therapist Training Manual written by Belinda Wurn, PT and her training staff.
Who will benefit
- The best candidates have any of the conditions listed on our website or histories indicating possible adhesion formation. These histories include:
- radiation therapy
- a fall, trauma, accident, physical or sexual abuse
- surgery in the abdomen, pelvis, back, hip or neck
- infection or inflammatory process (e.g. endometriosis, appendicitis, PID)
More details on Clear Passage for specific needs
For more up-to-date information on the wide range of conditions that can benefit from Clear Passage please see below. Choose the section that reflects your area of interest and then you can access detailed information direct from the Clear Passage website.
No bookings can be taken by Sutherland House.
To make a booking please click here to contact Clear Passage directly via their website and make your booking or enquiry.
Alternatively you can call us on 020 8458 7869 or e-mail Judith on .