After having any type of surgery there is always an element of healing that has to take place. Surgery does cause trauma to the body, and the body reacts accordingly. At Sutherland House we focus on these main factors when aiding in the rehabilitation of any post-surgical clients:
- To reduce as much pain as possible.
- To reduce the time of healing.
- To reduce inflammation.
- To stabilise and strengthen the surrounding area.
- To normalise and maximise the range of motion of all affected joints.
- To check for and correct any imbalances caused by protecting the site of surgery.
- To get you back to the best possible function.
Why choose us?
- We will help to identify where your pain is and most importantly what is causing it.
- We give you a full explanation as to why you are in pain.
- We outline a full plan to get you out of pain and keep you pain free
- We provide the best treatment modalities possible to help with your pain. This includes not just:
- Manual Therapy
- Soft tissue techniques
- Manipulation and Mobilisation
- Corrective Exercises
- Postsurgical Rehabilitation
NEW innovative treatments
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain, improves range of movement and speeds up the recovery from any injury you have.
- Local Cryotherapy, the extreme cold activates the body’s natural healing mechanism, flushes out toxins, decreases inflammation and much more.
- Should you need to see another specialist or require a more detailed scan to identify the cause of your pain, we can advise you who would be best to see.
- Photobiomodulation is a non-invasive and safe therapy, highly effective for chronic and acute musculo-skeletal conditions, such as sport injuries, fibromylagia, chronic fatigue, neuropathy, arthritic pain, gout and more.
We offer a range of specialist physiotherapy treatments to help you identify and maximise your ability to function and move throughout your life.