Used by Physiotherapists are varied appropriately to help treat each patients according to their needs. Below is a comprehensive list used in our practice:
- Manual Therapy mobilisation, manipulations, connective tissue massage and deep fascial release
- Exercise programmes specifically designed to patients needs
- Acupuncture for pain relief and muscle relaxation
- Electrotherapy Ultrasound, Electrical current-different frequencies, Shortwave Diathermy, Biofeedback and electric stimulation
- Cold therapy – Cryotherapy
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage reduces swelling after abdominal or breast carcinoma surgeries, reduces congestions in the lymphatic flow
- Bowen therapy remedial therapy to promote healing and pain relief www.thebowentechnique.com
- Core Stability Training – modified Pilates adapted to be safe, gentle and specific for people with musculoskeletal problems; we also offer classes with a low number of participants that allows still for very individual care
- Women’s Health pelvic floor training including biofeedback to increase muscle tone to reduce/prevent incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse discomfort. Manual techniques to treat pelvic girdle pain related to pregnancy. Manual therapy for dyspareunia and chronic pelvic pain. Therapeutic re-education for bladder and bowel management.
- Kinesio Taping fascia correction, space correction, functional correction, neuromuscular off loading and lymphatic correction
- Strapping supports an injured structure, limits harmful movements, allows pain free functional movement and permits early resumption of activities
- Ergonomics general and work stations, postural advice and education in order to minimise stress on the body during regular activities e.g. work and hobbies
- Relaxation and Stress Releasing Classes with muscle relaxing and meditation exercises
Sutherland House Physiotherapists
Charmaine Smyth Chartered Physiotherapist MSc HCPC MCSP
Anna Steele-Finkelstein Chartered Physiotherapist MPhysEd, MCSP, HCPC
Eva Niezgoda-Hadjidemetri Chartered Physiotherapist MSc HCPC MCSP AACP APCP
Judith Landhausser Chartered Physiotherapist HCPC MCSP POGP PGDip
Why choose us?
- We will help to identify where your pain is and most importantly what is causing it.
- We give you a full explanation as to why you are in pain.
- We outline a full plan to get you out of pain and keep you pain free
- We provide the best treatment modalities possible to help with your pain. This includes not just:
- Manual Therapy
- Soft tissue techniques
- Manipulation and Mobilisation
- Corrective Exercises
- Postsurgical Rehabilitation
NEW innovative treatments
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain, improves range of movement and speeds up the recovery from any injury you have.
- Local Cryotherapy, the extreme cold activates the body’s natural healing mechanism, flushes out toxins, decreases inflammation and much more.
- Should you need to see another specialist or require a more detailed scan to identify the cause of your pain, we can advise you who would be best to see.
- Photobiomodulation is a non-invasive and safe therapy, highly effective for chronic and acute musculo-skeletal conditions, such as sport injuries, fibromylagia, chronic fatigue, neuropathy, arthritic pain, gout and more.
We offer a range of specialist physiotherapy treatments to help you identify and maximise your ability to function and move throughout your life.