Used by Physiotherapists are varied appropriately to help treat each patients according to their needs. Below is a comprehensive list used in our practice:
- Manual Therapy mobilisation, manipulations, connective tissue massage and deep fascial release
- Exercise programmes specifically designed to patients needs
- Acupuncture for pain relief and muscle relaxation
- Electrotherapy Ultrasound, Electrical current-different frequencies, Shortwave Diathermy, Biofeedback and electric stimulation
- Cold therapy – Cryotherapy
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage reduces swelling after abdominal or breast carcinoma surgeries, reduces congestions in the lymphatic flow
- Bowen therapy remedial therapy to promote healing and pain relief www.thebowentechnique.com
- Core Stability Training – modified Pilates adapted to be safe, gentle and specific for people with musculoskeletal problems; we also offer classes with a low number of participants that allows still for very individual care
- Women’s Health pelvic floor training including biofeedback to increase muscle tone to reduce/prevent incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse discomfort. Manual techniques to treat pelvic girdle pain related to pregnancy. Manual therapy for dyspareunia and chronic pelvic pain. Therapeutic re-education for bladder and bowel management.
- Kinesio Taping fascia correction, space correction, functional correction, neuromuscular off loading and lymphatic correction
- Strapping supports an injured structure, limits harmful movements, allows pain free functional movement and permits early resumption of activities
- Ergonomics general and work stations, postural advice and education in order to minimise stress on the body during regular activities e.g. work and hobbies
- Relaxation and Stress Releasing Classes with muscle relaxing and meditation exercises
Sutherland House Physiotherapists
Chartered Physiotherapist MSc HCPC MCSP
Chartered Physiotherapist MPhysEd, MCSP, HCPC
Chartered Physiotherapist MSc HCPC MCSP AACP APCP
Chartered Physiotherapist HCPC MCSP POGP PGDip
Why choose us?
- We will help to identify where your pain is and most importantly what is causing it.
- We give you a full explanation as to why you are in pain.
- We outline a full plan to get you out of pain and keep you pain free
- We provide the best treatment modalities possible to help with your pain. This includes not just:
- Manual Therapy
- Soft tissue techniques
- Manipulation and Mobilisation
- Corrective Exercises
- Postsurgical Rehabilitation
NEW innovative treatments
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain, improves range of movement and speeds up the recovery from any injury you have.
- Local Cryotherapy, the extreme cold activates the body’s natural healing mechanism, flushes out toxins, decreases inflammation and much more.
- Should you need to see another specialist or require a more detailed scan to identify the cause of your pain, we can advise you who would be best to see.
- Photobiomodulation is a non-invasive and safe therapy, highly effective for chronic and acute musculo-skeletal conditions, such as sport injuries, fibromylagia, chronic fatigue, neuropathy, arthritic pain, gout and more.
We offer a range of specialist physiotherapy treatments to help you identify and maximise your ability to function and move throughout your life.